- Hard-tail mountain bikes are usually on a solid frame with suspension on the front fork only.
- Cross Country bikes are usually hard-tail bikes and are ideal for long rides with climbing and descents.
- Dirt Jumpers are hard-tail bikes which are primarily built for riding jumps and pump tracks.
- Downhill bikes have the most give in terms of suspension, and are often only used for downhill mountain biking. Riding downhill mountain bikes uphill can prove to be very challenging.
- The best option is to consult a mountain biking professional at a bike shop near you or the mountain at which you intend to ride.
Have more questions? Submit a request